I've filled this out a few times in the past, but I figured now that 2013 is coming to a close, I might as well do it again. Rules: 1) Turn on your iPod. 2) Change settings to "Shuffle". 3) Press play! 4) For every category, type the title of the song that plays. 5) Hit the "Next" button and DO NOT skip. 6) DON'T LIE! ***************************************************** Opening credits: St. Peter's Cathedral (Death Cab for Cutie - Codes and Keys) First day at a new job: Tonight, Tonight (Passion Pit - Cover of Smashing Pumpkins' song) Falling In Love: Collect Call (Metric - Fantasies) Fight Song: Mutt (Blink-182 - Enema of the State) Breaking Up: Miscommunication (Timbaland [feat. Keri Hilson and Sebastian] - Timbaland Presents: Shock Value) House Party: Junk of the Heart (The Kooks - Junk of the Heart) Life: I Want to Know What Love Is (Foreigner - Agent Provocateur) Mental breakdown: Police and Thie...
Every time my friends bring up Osheaga and Montreal and our upcoming trip in August, I feel as though I'm in a dream. The fact that these lovely six people are willing to go on a trip that means so much to me fills me with awe; I'm so lucky that my friends want what I want. Granted we've wanted to take a big trip somewhere together since Jenn and Dave were first engaged and Janis was with Joe (this was eons ago, obviously), but we could never settle on where we would go. Jenn suggested Cuba or Mexico, or hey! How about the Dominican? But it wasn't until August of this year when I went out with Nicole, Rylan, Janis, and Wyatt and we decided that a trip to Montreal's Osheaga would be amazing as a group trip that anything concrete was decided on. When we mentioned it to Jenn, she was a little hesitant because it's pricey... But now Jenn and Dave have flight vouchers from West-Jet, so their trip to Montreal might be covered! Huzzah! I still feel like I need to ...
I don't know what it is about Elvis, but whenever I'm having a particularly fantastic day, I'll play his music non-stop. Maybe it's the energy in his singing; it could be his pizzazz. Whatever it is, on days when I feel especially great, his music adds to that good feeling. Almost the exact opposite can be said about Death Cab for Cutie. Their music, while great in my opinion, usually reduces me to tears. I'm talking about their Plans album in particular. There's something inherently tragic about the tracks in that CD and I know I've listened to it on days I feel particularly sad and in need of a good cry. Now, when I'm in the mood for romance, nothing beats jazz music. When all I want to do is think about love and "happily ever after", jazz music puts me in a romantic frame of mind. From Nat King Cole and Tony Bennett, to Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday, I can't help but swoon when I hear them croon. On days when I'm feeling r...
Comments