I don't know what it is about Elvis, but whenever I'm having a particularly fantastic day, I'll play his music non-stop. Maybe it's the energy in his singing; it could be his pizzazz. Whatever it is, on days when I feel especially great, his music adds to that good feeling. Almost the exact opposite can be said about Death Cab for Cutie. Their music, while great in my opinion, usually reduces me to tears. I'm talking about their Plans album in particular. There's something inherently tragic about the tracks in that CD and I know I've listened to it on days I feel particularly sad and in need of a good cry. Now, when I'm in the mood for romance, nothing beats jazz music. When all I want to do is think about love and "happily ever after", jazz music puts me in a romantic frame of mind. From Nat King Cole and Tony Bennett, to Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday, I can't help but swoon when I hear them croon. On days when I'm feeling r...
Comments