The One Where Everything I Write Is Shit

I just finished my first short story. It's very short. I think that's about the only definite thing I can say about it, seeing as I'm not overly keen with the actual story or writing. Still, I want to keep my writing mojo going; I don't want to fall into a weird habit of not writing and then having to re-work those creative muscles back again when I finally write my novel. Because I want to make one thing clear to everyone -- especially myself -- NaNoWriMo taught me that I can write a novel. It showed me that I have the stamina and perseverance to write every day and to actually form a narrative. Knowing what I do post-Nano, I know that it's only a matter of time until I write my book.

However, I know that I have to work hard to keep writing. I might write a little bit every day on this blog, but it's rarely a short story. In order for me to improve as a storyteller, I know that for me, personally, creative writing is the way to go.

So, although the story I wrote is not the best piece of writing I've done, I'm going to promptly post this story and the second one will be posted by December 14.

Also, I wanted to brag that today is my last work Monday until 2016! Isn't that great? I'm flying to Frankfurt on Thursday and I'm arriving there on the Friday morning. I legit can't wait to see my family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D