About My Type in Men

Most people have a "type". They're into tall dudes, or redheads, or prefer a little T over some A. I used to think I had three types.

  1. There was the type who looked like First Him (which, surprisingly enough, included Second and Third Him--both of whom physically looked like First Him).
  2. There was the type with dark hair, hazel eyes, and rosy cheeks (I called this my Gilbert Blythe type and I think it's the type I physically like the most).
  3. Then there are redheads--I like gingers. 'Nough said.
But I'm also starting to notice that I like certain personality types, too. I like friendly, enthusiastic guys who make jokes. I like guys who whistle when they're doing mundane things. I like guys who drum on countertops or their steering wheel. I like guys who start up a conversation with the person next to them in line. I like guys who notice little details and comment on them. I like guys who make whoever they're speaking to feel like they're the only person that matters to them. I like guys who go out of their way to make someone's day a little bit brighter. I like guys who offer to do things because they want to, not because they feel compelled to do so. I like guys who feel familiar before I even meet them. I like guys who have scores of friends they've met through different activities, trips, or work functions. I like guys who have different interests than me, but want to share those interests with me. I like guys who know when to ask for my help. I like guys who know that I can fend for myself, but will swoop in when they can see how uncomfortable I am. I like guys who make me feel intelligent. I like guys who are physically affectionate. I like guys who speak before they think. I like guys who volunteer their time to contribute to their community.

Thing is, I just want someone who's kind and caring. And while someone's exterior appearance will draw me to them, if their personality isn't kind and genuine, I won't feel physically attracted to them. Kindness matters more to me than a killer smile and muscles. I need to feel safe and respected if I consider sharing my self with someone.

I need someone who has kind eyes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

Going to Concerts is My Addiction