Camping 2014 - The One With Jizzy Mexico and Dishes.

Camping is not my first choice when I'm planning a short trip.

No. I usually think about going to St. Louis to visit my sis and her family, or about going to Calgary to see a concert, or about going to see Mel in Toronto.

Camping is never my go-to and it's especially not ever on my list of trips I'd like to take. Like, ever. And it's not that I don't like camping, or that I've never done it, but rather that when I think of taking trips, I envision myself touring museums, or seeing a band live. I never really think about campfire and woodsmoke. I never consider sleeping on the cold soil. I never think about spending an entire day in the sun.

But this May long weekend, the three ladies, their fellas, Dustin, and I met at Pigeon Lake for one of the most loved-up weekends I've had in a long time. Our days consisted of snacking and chatting and we passed the time enjoying ourselves by the fire at night. Our last night, the coldest night, we picked each others' brains on what-if situations, or worst-slash-best case scenarios.

My clothes smell of fire and cold sweat; my hair is one matted mess; but I want to go camping again next year, if you can believe it.




These people are good, smart, wonderful individuals. And I get to go on another trip with them in August.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D