It's October 17 and today is a phenomenal day.

At the risk of sounding like a person who's miserable and surly all the time, I have to say that I am in the most happiest of happy good moods.

Little things that usually crawl and fester under my skin -- mistyping a word ("teh" is a common one for me), or chipping my nail polish -- make me giggle. I laugh at every little thing. It is impossible to irritate me today.

Again, I am not a miserable or surly person. I'm usually in a pretty good (to mild) mood. But today... oh my gosh. Today, I feel a happiness from within me that's radiating out from my smile and infecting everyone around me. I'm excited. I'm smiley. I'm dancing in my chair! This is the kind of happiness I really feel only on rainy days or when I know something incredible is going to happen to me (the day of a party or when I know that I have plans with someone I really like).

And it's not a matter of me questioning the good fortune of being this ecstatic on a day like today, but more so that I feel like chronicling this day. I want to commemorate this feeling; I want to remember that I wore my burgundy jeans and my cowl-neck black sweater. I want to remember the fact my black and white checkered socks peeked through my Chucks.

I want to remember these details so that the next time I want to recall a moment when I felt indescribably happy, I can pinpoint to today. I want to remember today so I can remember a moment when I felt in love with myself, my life. I want to remember every instance in my life where I felt this happy, this sated.

I want to remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D