My baby cousin is going to play at Vive Latino!

This dude:


This dude used to terrorize me when we were little. Allegedly. I don't remember much about our toddler years, other than the fact he had the sweetest curls and would follow our cousin Lucia and me around. 

Well anyway, after growing out of his (alleged) toddler bullying, hyper-aggressive ways, he's grown up to be an upstanding gentleman and I'm ever so proud of him and this amazing achievement! I mean, he'll be playing at a music festival in which Arcade Fire, NIN, AFI, of Montreal, Cut Copy etc, etc will play! I'm positively geeking out over this! This is huge for my baby cuz! He's been drumming since we were teenagers and I would always send him music in care packages to feed his love and appreciation for punk music and now... he's going to play in front of literally thousands and at a huge international scale to boot, too! 

His band Los Tiros is one of the two Guatemalan bands that are going to Vive Latino. They're a mix of "surf, western, and space", which means they have a pretty memorable sound. I really hope this gives them the necessary exposure for them to tap into more markets outside of Central America!

*flails*

I'm so proud! 



For reference: He's the ladies' man in the back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D