Update...? Kind of.

I have been on the other side of 2017 for four months as of today.

Four months in which I've met wonderful people, have become a part of interesting organizations, and even started new ventures. It's been interesting and wonderful and cripplingly terrifying all at once.

Tomorrow I start a new job. One that I interviewed for and have kind of, sort of, maybe been dreaming of since I was in school. It's a writing job. An honest-to-goodness, pinch-me-I'm-dreaming writing job. Part of me is terrified at the prospect of starting this new job, but another part of me is sort of blasé. I mean, why get excited about this when I can't guarantee that it will go all right? It seems like this year's theme is: Just when things start going right, I hit a bump in the road and it all goes to shit. I can't trust things right now. Life is trying to teach me a lesson and I'm confused and unsure and I don't know which steps to take.

One thing's for sure, though. Tomorrow is my first day at a new job. A job I got because I am qualified. A job I accepted because, as scary as this new role is, I know I can do it. I just have to stick my chin up, take a deep breath, and take that first step. I can do it. I know I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

Going to Concerts is My Addiction