BEDOUIN! LAST THURSDAY!! AUAUAUA!!

So as you know, I went to the Bedouin show last Thursday night. I went with my kickass roommie, Laura. She'd heard "When the Night" years ago when it came out and loves it! It's now "our" song, hahah, we're geeks!

Anywhoodles, I educated her on Bedouin's awesomeness, and she was hooked. And last Thursday night sealed the deal: the boys have a new fan : )

Laura and I managed to snag killer spots--front / centre (despite getting there late).

The opening acts were Mishka (who's going to E-Ville) and Zaki Ibrahim. The bass player for Mishka was incredible. He could play like nobody's business!

IMG_0797.jpg image by MarcelaG888

Zaki was amazing! She's so hyper-talented and cool... I definitely want to see her do her own show. Also: she was asked to come back out and play an encore!! Wowza...!
IMG_0803.jpg image by MarcelaG888

Then Bedouin came on at around 9:50... how do I know?? Because Laura and I had sworn that we'd leave at 11:45 the latest to catch the metro home... lame-0.

They played: 
-Until We Burn
-St. Andrews
-Back to the Matter
-Nico
-Can't Hurry Love *Phil Collins cover
-Bells of 59
-Jeb Rand
-Money Worries
-Johnny Appleseed
-Message to You Rudy *The Specials cover which was AMAAAAAAAZING due to the addition of a sax and horn player
-Shadow
-12:59 Lullaby (Jay didn't sing most of the song since the audience sang it to them...)
-Gyasi
-Walls
-When the Night (with the "Stand By Me" intro... le sigh)

IMG_0866.jpg image by MarcelaG888

They got off the stage... Jay threw his towel
...The crowd went BONKERS
They came back out and played:
-Shelter (My favourite!)
-Nothing To Say

They got off (that's what she said, hahahahahahha!)
My roommate dragged me out because we were going to miss our metro...

IMG_0889.jpg image by MarcelaG888

THEY CAME BACK OUT AGAIN!! and I heard:
-Music My Rock

I'm positive that they played their cover of "Blitzreig Bop" (I'm so choked that I miss that!) as well as "Living in Jungles" and (knowing them!) another cover or two.

IMG_0893.jpg image by MarcelaG888

Anyway, the addition of the brass section was masterful! Bedouin seriously gets better every time I see them... I'm half-tempted to hitch-hike to AB for their show on Saturday, hahaha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D