Ah, my youth...

This was my FAVOURITE band growing up... Hahah! I'm so happy my musical tastes have changed but I must admit: I still feel the same jubilance I felt at age fourteen whenever I listen to this song.

My friend Nicole and I never missed a concert or autograph signing... we loved Swollen Members like no one else. They played the Pawn Shop two weeks ago and it was the first Swollen show we missed. A small part of me wonders what it would have been like to be in the crowd.

This blog post goes out to the Swollen Members... One of the few rap groups I ever liked. 

What brings on this surge of wistfulness? My friend Brendan wrote to tell me that he bumped into MadChild at the Vancouver airport---he is now (quote) "old, fat, wears two watches and has all-Gucci luggage." 

Ah, my youth...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D