You know when you learn a really tough lesson...

And all you can think is "why'd I have to learn it the hard way? Why couldn't someone tell me that this was going to happen...?"


I have come to realize that I probably wouldn't appreciate what I learn in life without the bitter aftertaste.

This isn't to say that I still don't wish that there was a redo button--a button that I could push whenever I made the wrong choice, the button I would use and abuse whenever life got a little out of hand... the button I would turn to whenever I make a fool of myself in front of the really cute boy, or made the bad choice of speaking before thinking... In short, the life-saving button that would make life lessons unnecessary.


Le sigh.


But still. I wouldn't trade my hard-earned life lessons for all of the redo buttons in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D