Osheaga Predictions-slash-Wishlist

Predictions
Outkast
Seeing as they're slated to play ~40 festivals this year, it makes sense to assume that Big Boi and André 3000 would make an appearance at Osheaga. Not to mention the fact that Big Boi played last year and, per Nix's reasoning, he did it so he could scout out the place in case he and André decided to reunite. Logic. I know for a fact that both Janny and Nix would delight if they did!

Lorde
Seeing as she's playing Coachella, I just figure she'll be at Osheaga. I don't see why she wouldn't. Besides, she hasn't announced any dates past April for her world tour and the fact she's keeping those dates under wraps/unconfirmed makes me think she's not allowed to publicize them until the festival lineups come out. Make sense? I know I'd be S-T-O-K-E-D right the fuck out if I saw her live. Chick is awesome.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
I think that Rylan is going to see them with Dustin when they're in town this year, but I figure he'll be pumped if they play Osheaga, too. My reason for thinking Nick Cave will be in Montreal this summer? They're playing a set in TO around the same time. Logic, I has it.

Foster the People
These dudes are releasing an EP this month (March 14) and it's been rumoured they're playing Lolla. It makes sense for them to play both festivals this August. And, to be honest, if they don't play Osheaga, I will be a teeny bit heartbroken. Nix, Rylan, and I had planned on seeing them in Montreal a few years back, but our plans were thwarted. *heart... break*

Tokyo Police Club
These Canadian cuties are releasing an album this month (March 25) and are playing Squamish Music festival August 8. Why wouldn't they play the other Canadian music festival? I mean, c'mon.

Haim
They haven't listed any concerts past July 20 on their official website and they're playing some pretty major music festivals, already. Let it be known here that I would love to rock out to them live.

Phoenix
Sure, they played at last year's Osheaga. Sure, they released their last album last year, but Osheaga did tease that they'd have one of France's biggest acts for 2014...

... Which, in my delusional mind translated to the potential of seeing... wait for it....

Daft Punk
Okay. I admit that I'm delusional -- especially considering that Daft Punk haven't toured since ~2007-ish -- but they are one of France's biggest acts. Ergo... dots, connect. See?

Of this list, I'm pretty sure I'm correct about six of them (I think you can all guess who I mean). We'll see how accurate I am when they release the full schedule. Still, I have a list of peeps I hope to see at Osheaga, but have no clue (really) about whether or not they'll play. They are:
Lana Del Rey
Empire of the Sun
Kings of Leon
Arctic Monkeys
Cut Copy
Bastille
1975
Beck
Imagine Dragons
City and Colour
Grimes
The Head and the Heart

Update: Osheaga's official twitter posted this.


Guess they're releasing their lineup tonight.

Time. To. Get. Pumped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D