Happy Halloween Eve!

I used to loathe having to dress up on Halloween for work. My coworkers thought I was a killjoy and would be annoyed if I didn’t participate, but I just wasn't comfortable. I mean, sure, my boss and everyone else was decked out in their costumes, but I just didn't want any part of it. Although, to be fair, I used to loathe having to dress up for Halloween in general. After my 14th birthday, I just didn’t see the point to costumes and make believe if I wasn’t getting anything out of it (and by that I mean candy. I do a LOT of things of things I don’t want to do for candy). So I would go as "me" to parties, opting to spend the night in, watching horror flicks or my favourite Halloween movies.

The last three years, though, I’ve really gotten into the Halloween spirit! I blame Rylan, who’s birthday is on October 31st, for this. The year Nicole officially moved into her house, she hosted a birthday party for Rylan, which started the tradition of celebrating Rylan's birthday/Halloween at their place.

The first year, in 2012, I was hesitant to dress up, but Nicole insisted. In the end, I went as the Coca-Cola Polar Bear (Coke bottle included). The following year, I was Rosie the Riveter. Last year, I went as Minnie Mouse. Tomorrow? I'm going as Ashley Spinelli from Disney's Recess. But a funny thing happened the second year Nicole and Rylan had their Halloween Howler: I dressed up for work, too! And this continued the following year and, even today, I wore a costume.

This year's depiction? Hipster Princess Jasmine.



I've seen several interpretations of this costume, but I think mine's the best. 😊 I mean, my attention to detail is... *kisses fingers* I even gave myself fake hipster tattoos! I have to say, I'm feeling pretty confident right now. 

Should you choose to make your own iteration of this costume, here is a list of the things I used for mine. Of course, you can also do any other Disney princess using pieces (I'm sure) you already own! 
  • Tiger tank (to honour Rajah)
  • Plaid green shirt (to honour the hipsters I saw in NYC)
  • Mint green skinny jeans
  • Camel coloured beanie (to honour both the hipsters and Princess Jasmine's cloak when she ran away)
  • Intricate gold earrings
  • Statement necklace (instead of a crown)
  • Glasses
  • Green eyeliner 
  • Red lipstick (BITE - Apricot)
  • Black eyeliner for my fake ink
  • Construction paper (to make my bubble sturdier)
  • Blank white paper (to write my hipster-phrase. You can also use, "Princes are too mainstream. I prefer street rats" or "You ride a camel? My carpet is way more eco-friendly" or "I played with an Angry Bird before the iPhone game.")
  • Camel coloured booties

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D