Doesn't matter what's going on in my life, I can pretty much guarantee that I will listen to my pride and fear over every other emotion.

I don't trust my gut instincts. They've led me astray too often; have set me up for heartache one time too many. So whenever some little voice inside me urges me to do something, I remember the shame I felt when my instincts were so flawed. My pride comes to my defense and tells me to stay put; I don't need to follow my gut instincts. And those times when it seems like following my heart is a safe bet, I feel the sadness I felt when things fell through. I feel it as strongly as if it had happened yesterday. So when my fear approaches me and cautions me that I don't want to live through that sadness and anxiety again, I listen to it and do nothing. Who needs gut instincts when self-preservation always wins out?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D