Things I Do to Get Over Someone


Not entirely out of order, but not entirely in order either.
  1. Remind myself how problematic he is (counting calories, misaligning political ideologies, racist comments, etc)
  2. Delete his phone number from my phone.
  3. Avoid places and events I know he's attending.
  4. Repeat the words, "God, I hate him" whenever I think about him.
  5. Convince myself I'll never see him again.
  6. Imagine that his breath is nasty = crush almost over.
  7. Make a secret playlist of songs that remind me of him.
  8. Write a list of why he sucks.
  9. Rationalize why we wouldn't work out.
  10. Get sad when Nicole challenges this belief.
  11. Imagine him with another woman who -- in my mind -- is a better fit for him than I would be.
  12. Help him romance said woman.
  13. Get sad when Nicole challenges this belief (yes, this happens twice for two different reasons). 
  14. Force myself to like someone new whilst I simultaneously...
  15. Avoid the opposite sex like it's my part-time job.
  16. Take a trip or two or five.
  17. Drown myself in an ocean of books.
  18. Find a movie or book or TV show that reminds me of "us" and obsess over it.
  19. Write my heart out in my secret online journal.
  20. Look up how (in)compatible our relationship might have been according to astrology.
  21. Look up how (in)compatible our relationship might have been according to our birth order.
  22. Write out our entire romance by hand and then rip the pages up.
  23. Read this list at least once a day.
Why, yes. I realize this list makes me seem very dramatic. Your point?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D