... 10 years later

I started journalling eleven years ago to the day. I mean, I used to write journal entries in elementary (most of them were stories but it was my way of journalling), but when I had my confirmation in grade six, my sisters gave me my first official journal.

In this journal, I wrote, drew, fell in love, fell out of love, cried, laughed... fell in love again... fell out of love again... You get the picture. 

I found this journal back in January and I've been reading it, again. It amazes me to see how far I've come as a writer... and how little I've changed as an individual. I still fear birthdays, still have an OCD tendency to record every minute detail of what I'm obsessing over. I guess some things never change.

On March 3, 1999, I wrote
Dear Journal:

In exactly 15 minutes I will be 13! And you know what else? I'm so scared! I mean  won't be a kid, but a teenager!!! Can you believe that? Me a 13 year old! Aaaaaaaaaaaah!! [sic]

Hahahah! Oh man... I am still ever so lame. I swear I had Peter Pan Syndrome up until last year. The whole growing old concept is finally growing on me. I'm actually pretty stoked about my 23rd birthday. Heck, I'm even more stoked about my birthday plans... I'm taking those I like most to see Watchmen on me... er, more like on Cineplex! Bahahahahah! 

And so, I finish this blog entry with: Happy birthday to me... and the few other people who were born on March 4, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D