Whaddafuh...?!

“'Over time, being in a band’s an intense thing,' Malinowski told Metro, not adding much in the way of specifics expect that things seem amicable. 'We pretty much reached the end of that chapter.' [sic]”

Photobucket

What did Jay mean by all of this... and what did the reporter mean when he wrote "things seem amicable"?! I never thought that there was any animosity between the former-Bedouin and Jay and Eon, but this article makes it seem like there is.

But then I find videos like this one and I realize that there can't be animosity... Just look at the comraderie between them! Jay affirms that he can't live without Pat! In other Bedouin news, these dudes were (*apparently) very naughty at the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Fest. Tsk tsk, Eon and Jay, tsk tsk. 

Naughtiness aside, the more I think about it, the more I realize that if it weren't for Bob Marley and Bedouin, I wouldn't be as into music as I am. Sure, it all started with Bob Marley and the Wailers, but after listening to Bedouin's Shelter, I couldn't help but love my Soundclash! Bedouin has introduced me to some great music, too and it hasn't just been their own creations... Because of Bedouin, I've gotten into Thelonius Monk, The Clash and A Tribe Called Quest. Eclectic, I know, but these are just some of Eon, Jay and Pat's influences. 

And with this, I will finish this blog entry with this video taken on the night of their December 7, 2007 concert at the Starlite Room (the concert that inspired last year's Year of Concerts and was the catalyst that resulted in this blog's creation...) This was the first time I had ever been to a Bedouin show and it was, coincidentally, the night I met Fabs and Luls. Funny how we formed a friendship over our love of Bedouin. Oh, and look for me in the vid... Nicole filmed me, haha!



P.S. Sorry for the crap audio... make sure to turn it down a few notches to save your poor PC's speakers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D