A new favourite movie!

Having worked at a theatre, I'm exceedingly spoiled when it comes to movie prices. I'm not used to paying... AT ALL.

So, last Thursday when I went to watch (500) Days of Summer, I was elated that my former manager let me in free of charge. Oh, how I love freebies! Anyway, this quirky, insightful and deep movie has been added to my list of favourite movies... Joining movie greats like Lars and the Real Girl, Little Miss Sunshine, Juno, and Little Miss Sunshine.

It's one of those movies that has a million-and-one meanings... that is to say, that while certain themes are more prelavent to you, the person next to you might see others. It's one of those optimistically realistic movies that make your heart smile. In short, I found that it was believable and true.

Even if I had paid $12.50 to watch Zooey Deschanel work her cuteness and Joseph Gordon-Levitt charm his way back into my heart (10 Things I Hate About You, anyone?), I know that I would have adored this movie.




In other news, Guatemala is going to KICK so much ass this December... Choco-bananos, family, the beach and Antigua? What's not be excited about?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D