I Lied...

... when I said I would stop at 8 concerts.


I blame Fabiana. I was all set to stay home and mourn my lack of loyalty towards my favourite band when she phoned to see if I wanted to join her--and I wouldn't have to pay her back! How could I say no? She's a temptress!! haha!

In any case, Bedouin was, as always, A-fucking-MAZING! And their opening band was from Edmonton! They support local talent--how can I NOT adore them?

Anyway, the above picture is of Fabs and Luls. Both these chickies (having attended all of the Bedouin shows in the city, haha!) were pulled onstage by Jay! It made my heart happy to see them up there! Especially since they literally haven't missed a single one of their shows and this show was phenomenal (though I hate to admit that the horn section almost stole the show...)


During Bedouin's Rudy cover, these dudes played two of the wickedest solos I have ever heard (the only exceptions being Taylor Hawkins' solo at the Foos concert last March '08, all of Pat's drum solos haha!, and Travis Barker's solo last month--funny how they've all been drum solos, no?) Anyway, they were unbelievable! I couldn't stop staring, which might be the reason why their sax player, Dennis, felt inclined to do this when I took a pic ;)

As for Jay and Eon, they were great as usual... though I missed one very important member of their once-three-piece band: Pat. Pat was missing. Without Pat, there seemed to be less cohesion amongst the band... there were only two instances when Jay and Eon convened in front of Marco's drum kit. Had Pat been there, I have no doubt that these two meetings would have multiplied exponentially. *le sigh* But, such is life, I guess.

My verdict on the new temporary drummer: he's wicked, but he doesn't have Pat's flair. Watching the three of them interact was one of my favourite parts of their shows. But enough with my laments; the show exceeded my expectations, and I will forever love my Bedouins!


They're going to go on a worldwide tour and won't be making any more Canadian dates for a while. Lame. But, at least I got the chance to see these lovely fellows one last time. Enough to tide me over for another little while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D