Nicole and I have come to the conclusion that in regards to love, we're in the same boat: neither of us believes in it.

I never thought I'd be a jaded, cynical, unromantic person. I mean, I was the girl who fell for guys with a smile or hello. Now? I only believe in love in the realm of fantasy. TV romances, movie love affairs and love in books are all believable and relatable. Real life love? Does it exist. I mean, I no longer think of it as a question... my doubt is almost a certainty.

I get that my parents have had a wonderful marriage (thank God), but can people my age find that nowadays? Guys like Dave, who are willing to commit the second they meet the right girl, are rarer than a vegetarian rig pig.

Regardless, as unromantic and jaded and cynical as I am, I'm glad to be this way. At least I'm not glaring at the couple, cuddling at the bus stop or cursing at the couple kissing in the theatre. I'm not bitter after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D