Please indulge me and join me in this pity party.

Do you ever worry that no one's being honest with you? Not in the "do these jeans make me look fat" sense, but in the "you should drop your dream and chase a new one because, honey, you suck" kind of way.

I'm starting to worry, seriously and legitimately, that I don't have what it takes to achieve any of my dreams, least of all the ones concerning my floundering --- nay, non-existent writing career. And if I don't have what it takes, would anyone tell me so? Or is everyone I know and love too concerned with hurting me to admit to me and say, "hey, Mars? Your writing kind of sort of sucks and, hey, you're a good person, but maybe you don't have what it takes to be a successful writer"?

I used to think the judges on American Idol were cruel when they dashed people's dreams on live television, but at least those contestants knew whether their dreams were realistic or not. At least they knew where they could improve their craft. They're leaps ahead of me. I don't even know if I'm chasing after something impossible. I don't even know where I could improve.

I feel as confused as a dog chasing its own tail.

It's so easy to feel disheartened on late Sunday nights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D