Who the, what the, where the...?

Every once in a while I'll have a really bizarre dream. It's not weird because of its content or whatever, but because it'll have absolutely NOTHING to do with me. It's sort of like watching a movie, except that none of the actors are famous or well-known.

I know I'm not the only person on earth who has these types of dreams because a guy in one of my workshopping classes, Kurt, wrote a story based on a dream he had that had nothing to do with him. He wasn't even mentioned in the dream. It's a weird predicament. You know?

Well the story he wrote for the workshop was pretty awesome but everyone in class had a problem with his main character having a dream that didn't involve him. Not surprisingly, I was the only person in class who identified with him and his character. All I could do was turn to him and say "I got it."

In his story, the main character's dream was prophetic. I know Kurt doesn't think his dreams are of particular significance, but what if he and I and people who don't usually dream about themselves, are really just tapping into someone else's brain waves... Odd.

This one time I didn't even really dream. I basically watched Disney's The Jungle Book while I slept. I hadn't even watched the movie in years! Now that is incredible. I don't know many people whose dreams are movie's being replayed. I know that isn't a prophecy waiting to come true, but it still was not what you would call normal. Maybe I'm just weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D