I so didn't get it.

Today was the last day that Amnesty International was going to call the shortlisted people. As my blog title suggests, I didn't get a call, email or letter in the mail.

It sucks. Not gonna lie.

Edmonton living for a writer is not the easiest thing. I was online today trying to find an internship job posting anywhere in Canada and sadly, there were none (well, there were a few UNPAID ones, but DWL's description clearly states: PAID internship). I am so frustrated.

I mean, I love my job. In fact, my job was the first job to which I applied that I actually looked forward to working at. Selling movie tickets and popcorn is fun. It has seriously taught me a lot about myself and human nature. For instance, there is more than one way to make an irate customer even angrier, and there is more than one way to calm him down. I've also learned a lot about me... like the fact that I sometimes like to egg them on if they've been rude to one of my coworkers... hahaha!

Anywhoodle, am I going to be stuck at the theatre forever???? Close to five years of post-secondary education... for what? I know I'm being borderline insane (not to mention completely whiny), but if I can't find a job as a writer, what will become of my degree????

*Shudders*

And, AND, I have extreme writer's block today. I need to submit a story for Thursday by tomorrow and ugh. So far the story I'm working on SUCKS.

I hate feeling insecure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D