This year.

It's really hard to know what we want from life. I was so sure I wanted to be a singer (yeah, well the majority of us had rock'n'roll dreams, so shut it!) that my parents enrolled me in some singing lessons. I went. I learned how to breathe properly, all that junk. I like to think I wasn't bad... good, even.


My best friend wanted to be an actor. Yep. Her mom registered her in every acting program offered in Edmonton. She was good, too.


We used to talk on the phone every Thursday and dream out loud. We dreamed that we would move to a big ass city with our three best friends (one of whom would grow up to be a model, the other a pro basketball star and the last one a plastic surgeon... haha!! We thought out our entire posse), and we'd rule that city. We covered every angle.


Now, whenever either one of us brings it up, it's embarrassing. What ever made us dream such cheesy dreams?


We talked about our future today. Not in a scary "oh my gosh what am I gonna do???" kind of way, but in a more relaxed "here's the scoop," type of way. We both know we'll still be friends well into our old age, and we are most certain that our circle of friends will survive. It's sad to think that I might not be here next year. Or worse, that I will voluntarily not be here next year.


I mean, I'm glad that my friends and I don't need to see one another everyday, or talk every second, or text each other after every big event, but it's going to be weird not living in Edmonton.


It's such a cute little city.... a little city with a huuuuuUuuuge population, but a little city still. It's got a beautiful river valley and so much green! I love green. And to be immersed in so much of it, makes Edmonton feel less like a city and more like a big town.


Anyway, all I gotta say is that I'm looking forward to my future. Yep. I was so scared a few weeks ago, and today, I'm feeling so confident. I only hope this good feeling lasts longer than a week. *OYVEY!*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D