I promised Char that I would submit articles and pitches to magazines and literary journals. This was in 2013.

Ask me how many submissions I sent out. Okay. How many submissions did you send out, Marcela?

A big fat a-zero. Yep. I didn't submit any. And while I felt vaguely guilty for not following my dreams and letting down a friend who wants to see me succeed, the guilt wasn't enough to propel me into action.

Awful.

I know.

But an opportunity has come up that is making it hard for me to stay in this whole apathetic state of mind; I think I've found the perfect opportunity to submit an creative non-fiction essay. And while I don't know what I should write this essay on, I'm excited that I'm confident about the fact I'm going to submit an essay to one of Canada's feminist magazines. I mean, there's no wishy-washiness; just complete confidence that I'm going to be proactive about my literary aspirations.

And it's liberating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D