I think I'm supposed to be in Montreal.

Ever since March, I keep getting this feeling that tells me I ought to be in Montreal. It feels genuine and serious. A premonition. And I will be honest and say that when the prospect of ending my job arose, I felt light and happy because something inside me thought, "Montreal."

Montreal is the dream, the ache, the lighthouse. It's been calling to me since 2008 and its siren call hasn't faded. In fact, it gets louder and louder with each passing day -- a fact that only terrifies me a little. Because... I could do it, you know. I could leave everything: family, friends, newfound dreams. I could leave it all behind and make a future for myself in Montreal.

And there's nothing stopping me.

Montréal. Je suis toujours amoureuse de toi. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D