Update:

I didn't end up wearing the heels 'cause, first of all, ouch, and second, uncomfortable, but I did meet up with my friends for the inaugural pop-up restaurant din-din and my friends' hot, awesome, nice, smart, and crush-worthy friend was there. We chatted a bit, too, which was lovely and... drum-roll, please: he invited me to his house party on Saturday!

I'm legit freaking out a bit because I get horribly awkward around him, to the point I mostly just smile and nod when he's talking to me and 'cause I like living in the fantasy I've built about him and me wherein he's into me, and I'm into him and we slowly gravitate towards each other and eventually succumb to our desires and bang.

Kidding.

But really, I'm just afraid that the more time he spends with me, the less he's going to like me and it's going to suck big hairy testicles if he doesn't like me back.

(Pathetic sentiment, I know.)

Look, I'm ready to date, but I don't want to date someone I meet online or at a speed dating event. I want to date someone I meet one of three ways:

  1. he's the friend of a friend (like hot, awesome, nice, smart and nummy guy in question) and we meet through our friends;
  2. he's a friend of mine who I've never regarded as a "romantic prospect" but whom I gradually learn to see in a new light; or
  3. he's some random hottie who chats me up and asks for my number, which leads to banging.
Kidding. Again.

Bottom line is I'm excited but scared about going to his party on Saturday. I feel like I want to impress him. He matters. And while I'm not in love with him, I'm really interested in getting to know him. I know him in the superficial way you know acquaintances, but I'd love to get to know him on a friend level and, hopefully, that can turn into something more. If not, well... my friends have other friends. ;)

Kidding. Again. I promise. Last lame joke.

But like I said, if our friendship doesn't evolve into something more, well... I'm always in search of a new friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D