How many twitter accounts does a good girl need if a good girl needs more than one twitter identity?

I have three twitter accounts.

One is private; good friends (offline and online) follow it and it's sort of my "home base" in terms of being the twitter account I use most.

Another is public; good (online) friends follow me and it's the one I use for fangirling and acting like a huge loveable dork.

My third account is private, private, private; only a handful of online friends follow me.

I always feel so foolish that I have more than one account. I have friends who have two or more accounts, but those are reserved for networking purposes only. Mine? I have them because I'm too self-conscious about sharing parts of myself with good friends, so I have different outlets so those people won't see those parts.

Dishonest? I could see that. But I like to look at it more as me being "selectively secretive." I don't think it's necessary for my friends to know what I thought of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire the seventh time I see it in theatres (for the record, I've only seen it ONCE to date) or how I've embarrassed myself in front of the water delivery guy yet again. Nah. People really only need the SparksNotes version of my day-to-day occurrences. 

The unedited novelization? That's reserved for those nearest and dearest to my heart. They see every wrinkle, every plot hole, every character regression, every ugly detail. Or at least I'm learning to let them see those parts. I'm still learning to share those embarrassing parts of myself because, as clichéd as this is going to sound: life cannot be edited to 140 characters. We cannot choose which events to broadcast or which to keep secret; which parts to divulge and which parts to edit out. Life is a live-feed and friends are present for most of those life-altering moments... even when we would rather face those moments alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D