I'm very grateful that we never stop connecting with people. I admit that there are a handful of individuals I wish I was closer to, but I'm not going to focus on that because I can't really do anything to rectify it. What I can do, however, is bask in the happiness I feel over the friendships I made this year. And I'm amazed at just how many new friends I made. From getting friendlier with someone I was never friends with in high school (but reconnected with thanks to Melissa), to befriending my friends' friends and getting to know them on a more personal level, this has been a great year to connect with new people. And I'm feeling very thankful for each and every one of these new friends. Especially Mallory.

Mallory is the kind of friend who makes you feel wonderful about yourself. She's always full of interesting ideas, she's always very encouraging, she's always there to share with you her triumphs and her sorrows. Befriending her was very easy to do because we just... clicked.

Her friendship has gifted me with a fresh perspective on the things that happen in my life. Unlike my girls, Mallory doesn't know about my past; unlike my girls, Mallory only knows and sees 27-year-old me. She has no biases, no judgment. And that's refreshing. Every day, we chat and catch-up and I'm amazed by how happy and optimistic her approach to life is. Not to mention the fact she's thoughtful to boot! (She's burned more CDs for me these past few weeks than anyone else ever has!)

And I'm very happy to have met her. She has the tendency of reminding me that timing is everything and that I shouldn't feel bogged down by the things that happen (or don't) in my life because all it means is that it wasn't the right time for it. And those reminders? I need them because it's so very easy for me to lose my way when I'm feeling discouraged.

We all need that kind of friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D