I'm a clingy sort of person.

I'm always amazed when people want to spend time with me. I'm usually such a clingy friend (initiating get-togethers, texting first, emailing whenever I see anything that reminds me of the person), that when someone comes along who actively pursues a friendship with me, I'm taken aback.

I don't want to scare them away with my effervescence, so I rarely text or email; I rarely make a move. And I think that's wrong. Because there have been times when my inaction has led to me pushing away people I genuinely care about and want to be friends with.

So I'm of two extremes, really: overwhelm people with my need to be with them, or fool them into thinking I don't care for them as much as I do. I really need to work on tempering my reactions to things in general. These extremes o'mine are not conducive to me having healthy relationships.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D