What I Need:

-Someone who will dare me to do things I'm afraid of doing on my own.
-Someone who will remind me to be kinder to myself.
-Someone who understands --- at a base level --- my disjointed thoughts.
-Someone who calls me on my bullshit. Always.
-Someone who understands that I'm prideful, willful, and afraid, but accepts me anyway.

*sigh*

In reality, I know I should be this person for myself. I should dare -- nay, DOUBLE-DARE -- myself to take that trip to Guyana by myself or to submit that pitch to x magazine. I know I should be the one who changes my way of thinking and will stop the negative thoughts before they take root. I should be the one who understands the source of my restlessness. I should be the one who calls me on my bullshit, and I spout/think a lot of bullshitty shit, so it's a full-time job, let's be real here. And, in reality, I should be the one who knows that the people I love understand my prideful, willful, scaredy-cat ways, but love me anyway.

But I'm such a bundle of insecurities and raw wounds. I have so many scabs and each one of them opens afresh whenever anything remotely painful happens to me. And rather than acquire thicker skin, I stress out and shrink into myself all the more.

Being sensitive is not nice because you're always vulnerable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D