You know those moments when a song is almost perfectly applicable to your life to the point where you feel as though the lyricist must have access to your memories and probably used them as inspiration when they wrote the track?

I'm having one of those.

And I know that this song will be added to the never-ending list of songs I have a crush on because, odds are, I'll be listening to it for the remainder of the year. And, years from now, when I've overcome this tiny hurdle, this song will come on the radio and I'll remember this moment (and all those other moments) when this hurdle seemed insurmountable. Maybe then I'll be able to laugh at my predicament. Maybe then I'll find the romance in what I'm feeling. But for now all I can feel is shame and annoyance and, yeah, I'll admit it: desperation. Because feeling the way that I'm feeling now? It sucks.

I guess the bright side is at least I know I'm not alone; someone has felt this exact way and poured all their frustration into their words. I can take comfort in the fact that at least one other person has felt these exact feelings, though I'm sure more than just we two have felt this way. And this knowledge makes these feelings a little more bearable because it helps me feel like someone is in my corner. It helps me feel like I'm not alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Sam Roberts is playing on November 20....

:D